- The Public Theater Entry and Lobby Redesign
- © Jeff Goldberg/Esto
• What we create is rooted in how we work: collaboratively, connecting with clients for the benefit of their communities and the public realm.
• We believe in architecture and design as inherently public: open, shared and enduring.
• We listen carefully, engage actively, and respond thoughtfully. Integrity and ingenuity are fundamental to our process.
• Through meaningful dialogue we create an adaptive, passionate working environment and craft innovative, compelling, sustainable solutions.
Ennead Architects is recognized internationally for architectural excellence. Projects have been published extensively and have received numerous awards for design excellence, including national, state and local AIA awards. Our portfolio is diverse in typology, scale and location and includes new construction, renovation and expansion, historic preservation, interior design and master planning. Clients are principally cultural, educational, scientific and governmental institutions.
Ennead, which means a group of nine, is the successor firm to Polshek Partnership. In June 2010, we renamed our practice, culminating a transition in organizational structure and design leadership begun more than thirty years before. The new name recognizes the collaborative and innovative culture of our studio, fueled by the intelligence, energy, resourcefulness and creativity of our 167-person staff. Elevan partners lead the firm: Joseph Fleischer, Timothy Hartung, Duncan Hazard, V. Guy Maxwell, Kevin McClurkan, Richard Olcott, Susan Rodriguez, Tomas Rossant, Todd Schliemann, Don Weinreich and Thomas Wong.
We make buildings whose designs authentically express the progressive missions of their cultural, educational, scientific and governmental institutions and are responsive to their specific environmental conditions. They demonstrate technical and artistic excellence and significantly contribute both to the cultural life of their communities and to the enhancement of their precincts. Our collaborative process is rooted in extensive research involving the analysis of context, program, public image, emerging technologies and a commitment to sustainable solutions.