Main building of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin - Audimax
- Rüthnick Architekten
- Unter den Linden 6, 10099, Berlin, Germany
The Auditorium maximum in the main building of the Univerity is located on the 1st floor of the 1920-built eastern wing.
On the occasion of the 200th anniversary of the University in 2009, in the framework of „Konjunkturprogramms II“ of the Federal Government,
the Senate Hall and the Lecture Hall, including the stored spacious stair Hall and the entrance foyer were modernized and refurbished in accordance with the monument. In addition, window installations, flooring and seating were restored.
The design preserves the character of the expansion phase of the 1960s; the color scheme of the room evolved from the colour of the materials in the stair Hall and the foyer.
The Lecture Hall is used both as a lecture hall for students as well as for national and international congresses and receptions, as well as for honors and
is considered as a representative hall of the Humboldt University.