Daniel Cleary Flagship Storeプロジェクト一覧に戻る
This commercial project demonstrates the firm’s interest and skills in sensitively renovating old building to altogether new uses. In a badly worn ground floor and basement of a tenement, just east of Manhattan_s meat packing district on 14th street, Daniel Cleary aspired to have an outlet for his tactile, essential line of clothing. The goal was to provide a sales and work space that reflected his sensibility and didn’t overwhelm the clothing or erase the original qualities of the found space.
Some simple material elements were designed to achieve these goals:
- Poured concrete with sawcut control joints.
- Panels of concrete board for the walls
- An ebonized storefront
- A labtop sales table that also functions as display
- A design grid based upon the standard 4’x8’ industrial board material.
- Ironing board fabric for the dressing rooms.
The result is an inviting space during the day and an attraction at night.